- the World Wars and the inter-war "economic turbulence,"
- the dominance of the US and the West,
- decolonization and "the struggle for development,"
- the liberalization of domestic and global markets (what I would call the Reagan-Thatcher revolution),
- "the growth of international organizations in governing global affairs" (what I would refer to as the expansion of regimes)
- "a revolution in information technologies and its impact upon social, political economic and military organization."
- antibiotics, vaccines, and other advances in medical science that change humans' relation to the natural world.
- the creation of mass produced food, which acts on our bodies in ways that are becoming increasingly apparent.
Anyone have any ideas?